Outstanding Member Benefits
- Member-To-Member Discounts : There's no charge to offer discounts to other Chamber members - direct new customers to your business - 24 hours a day!
• Car Sharing Discounts : Take advantage of discounted access to short-term car sharing services offered by Chamber member City CarShare, their automated programs makes cars available on a per-hour basis. Members gain the benefits of a private car including insurance without the costs and responsibilities of ownership.
• Office Products : Register with the Office Depot Discount Program-members save 15% to 25% annually on Office Supplies, Technology, Furniture, Promotional Items, Print and Copy, and Private Brands. Members will also receive next-day delivery and monthly reports to monitor expenses. Shop online or at the local store.
Please contact Ben A. Diouf, Territory Development Manager, at Office Depot for more information regarding the benefits programs.
•Fitness Clubs: Get a discount on your membership at Club One at City Center or Mariner Square Athletic Club in Alameda - stay fit and healthy, keep your employees healthy too!
• Networking For Business Success : Relationship building, education and for advancement through monthly mixers, orientation breakfasts, and selected special events.
• Training For Business Growth : Education, training and advancement opportunities available through our business workshops and seminars.
• Oakland Business Review : The Chamber's award-winning monthly publication, sent free of charge to all members.
• Weekly Email Updates : Only our Members receive important and timely news and event updates via email every Tuesday.
• Free Website Link : Online exposure and outreach for new clients and customers. A free link to member business website.
• Free Directory Listing : Members are listed in the Chamber's annual Membership Directory and Buyer's Guide and at our online Member Directory.
• Advertising & Marketing : Only Chamber members can purchase advertising in Oakland Business Review, on the Chamber website, or via exclusive email sent to active members.
• Conference Room / Board Room Reservation : Only Chamber members can reserve use of the Chamber conference room and/or Board Room for meetings, conferences, or presentations - free - upon availability during normal business hours, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays only.
• Private Consultations : Members can schedule a private meeting with the Chamber president and staff on issues affecting their business, and/or strategize about ways to improve the bottom line revenue.
• Names In The News : Members can publish special recognition or company news (address or phone change, announce a new staff member, award recipient) free of charge in this regular column of the Oakland Business Review.
• Committee Participation : Play an active role in the development and future of Oakland - Join a Chamber committee!
• JoinOakPAC : The Chamber's Political Action Committee (a separate entity). Members can add their voice to the discussion about our elected officials and measurements that affect our city and area.
Quick Facts - Chamber Membership
As a part of your membership with the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce your business will receive the following:
• A Chamber plaque for display in your business office
• A "New Member" listing on our weekly email newsletter distributed to over 2,500 people.
• A "New Member" listing in our business publication - Oakland Business Review, including a 25-word business description (as submitted by each member for their own business listing)
• 2 listings in the annual Membership Directory & Buyer's Guide (alphabetical & categorized listings)
• Free web links to your company from the Chamber online Member Directory
• Free monthly delivery of the Oakland Business Review
• Weekly email communications and updates
• Networking, publicity, and exposure opportunities for your business
• Member-to-Member Discounts
• Discounted admission to Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce events, seminars, luncheons, and workshops
• A staff of friendly and helpful Chamber employees who will meet privately to assist you to maximize your membership investment
• "Members Only" access to 3,000+ businesses and affiliates (contact information access)
• Advertising opportunities in the Oakland Business Review (print ads, and/or inserts)
• Chamber mailing lists and/or mailing labels (available for purchase by members only)
• Conference Room use - free, upon availability during normal business hours (weekdays only)
• Event Sponsorship – Opportunities to gain exposure and outreach for new business via sponsorship, i.e., Host Business After Hours Mixer, Sponsor Member Briefing-Orientation Breakfast, Annual Golf Tournament, Luncheons or Power Breakfasts
• Trade Showcase - annual business trade fair, participate to promote your products and services
• Committee Participation – add your voice to the discussion, network with other members
Membership is a SMART business decision!
CONNECTED / PROGRESSIVE / PRO-BUSINESS/ INFLUENTIAL